Notifications
Clear all

The Nexy A7-100T board is missing in Vivado 2019.2

(@ziggy)
Topic starter  

The Nexy A7-100T board didn't appear even after updating board repositories in my Vivado 2019.2. How to fix it or can I choose the Nexys4 DDR board instead?

dchaver
(@dchaver)
Member Admin

Hi Ziggy,

Although Nexys4 DDR and Nexys A7 are very similar boards, each of them has its own Board Files, so you should use the ones provided for the Nexys A7 board.
As explained in Step 10 of Vivado installation (page 38 of the Getting Started Guide), you need to "manually install the Digilent Board Files". I understand that you've done that (as you mention in your post: "after updating board repositories"), but something may have gone wrong, as the process explained in Step 10 should include the Board Files for the Nexys A7 board and allow you to use them.
Let me suggest that you do the following checks:
1. Can you confirm that you've followed the Vivado installation process, and specifically Step 10?

2. Are you using the correct name for the Nexys A7 board? In your post you mention "Nexy A7-100T" but it's "Nexys" (with a final "s").

3. You must have copied the whole vivado-boards-master folder that you downloaded (as explained in page 38 of the Getting Started Guide) into the Vivado folder. Note that the Vivado folder is different for Linux and Windows systems:
    - In Linux: /tools/Xilinx/Vivado/2019.2/data/boards/board_files
    - In Windows: C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2019.2\data\boards\board_files

4. Check if that folder contains the board files for the Nexys A7 board. See my screenshot for my Linux system:
image.png

5. If you've done Step 10 correctly, when you create a new Vivado Project, you should have the option to include the Nexys A7 board. See my screenshot:
image.png

Let us know if you've been able to solve your problem or you need some additional help.
Best regards
Daniel Chaver

RCWO reacted
ReplyQuote
dchaver
(@dchaver)
Member Admin

Please find the images from the previous post attached.

RCWO reacted
ReplyQuote
(@guanyang-he)
Estimable Member

@ziggy

尽管Nexys4 DDR和Nexys A7是非常相似的板,但是它们各自都有自己的板文件,因此您应该使用为Nexys A7板提供的文件。
如Vivado安装的第10步(《Getting Start Guide》第38页)中所述,您需要“手动安装Digilent Board文件”。我了解您已经这样做了(正如您在帖子中提到的:“更新主板存储库后”),但是可能出了一些问题,因为在第10步中说明的过程应包括Nexys A7主板的主板文件并允许您使用它们。

我建议您进行以下检查:
1.您是否可以确认已按照Vivado的安装过程进行了安装,尤其是步骤10?

2.您是否为Nexys A7板使用了正确的名称?在您的帖子中,您提到了“ Nexy A7-100T”,但它是“ Nexys”(最后有一个“ s”)。

3.您必须已将下载的整个vivado-boards-master文件夹(如《Getting Start Guide》第38页中所述)复制到Vivado文件夹中。请注意,Viv​​ado文件夹对于Linux和Windows系统是不同的:
-在Linux中:/tools/Xilinx/Vivado/2019.2/data/boards/board_files
-在Windows中:C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2019.2\data\boards\board_files

4.检查该文件夹是否包含Nexys A7板的板文件。查看我的Linux系统的屏幕截图:
(请在上一条帖子中查看附件)
5.如果正确完成了步骤10,则在创建新的Vivado项目时,应该可以选择包括Nexys A7板。看我的截图:
(请在上一条帖子中查看附件)

让我们知道您是否能够解决问题,或者您需要其他帮助。

Best regards
Daniel Chaver

RCWO reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ziggy)
Topic starter  

@dchaver

Thanks very much for your reply, I have successfully solved my problem. I had installed Vivado before this course being released, so I skipped the Vivado installation process including step 10.

ReplyQuote
(@ziggy)
Topic starter  

@guanyang-he

Thanks for the translation.

ReplyQuote