NEW LICENCE AGREEMENT (v3 May 2022)
These teaching materials are intended for use in conjunction with Imagination’s technology incorporated
into -> introductary development tools.
Or maybe it is just superfluous. It doesn't appear to make any difference to the rest of the document.
Thanks David. You have eagle-eyes!
Is this on the web page when you are accepting the licence?
-->We will take a look and make some corrections.
(We are delighted you got to this stage - thanks for your persistence).
There is a new Licence Agreement (v3 May 2022) going online shortly.
We require that all users click to accept this when requesting a download.
- The new agreement is broadened from "academic use" to "non-commercial use" recognising that our materials are increasingly being used for in-company training and self-study.
- Simpler language
- A translation into Simplified Chinese has been added
- Brief and to the point. The whole agreement in English, fits on to just one page of A4
So what is not allowed?
- Running a paid-for course using our materials (such as a commercial workshop), requires our prior permission.
- Reproduction of large parts of the materials, for example in a book, requires prior permission.
Does this mean the style of the materials is changing more from "Teaching" to "Training"?
No! Our focus remains on providing classroom-ready materials, that are academic in style, and which fit into a combined Lecture and Labs semester-long course.
So absolutely no change in style. Our principle is "By Academics, for Academics"