Notifications
Clear all

Package versions that work with RVfpga v. 2.1 on windows 10 (compile Verilator)

(@jvillalba)
Topic starter  

Here you have the Versions of the Packages that I used to compile and generate verilator with RVfpga version 2.1 on windows 10 (tested by me on March 24, 2022). These packages are needed to to compile Verilator and generate a new simulator binary.

- git 2.35.1-2
- make 4.3-1
- autoconf 15-1
- gcc-core 10.2.0-1
- gcc-g++ 10.2.0-1
- flex 2.6.4-2
- bison 3.8.2-1
- perl 5.32.1-2
- libargp-devel 20110921-3

(These packages are referred in the point 4 of the Appendix C of the document "RVfpga Getting Started Guide")

Regards

Julio Villalba

(@jvillalba)
Topic starter  

According to my experience, assembler files must necessarily end in .S (uppercase). If the file ends in .s (lowercase), then you can receive the message "riscv64-unknown-elf-as: unrecognized option `-x", and then the message "... terminated with exit code: 1". This happens when you use the opcion "generate trace" or even for "Run & debug". Moreover, one month ago the files .s worked properly, and now they do no work (only change .s by .S to work properly again).

The origin of this error is impossible to detect from the error messages offered by platformio (at least it was impossible for me)

Regards

Julio Villalba

ReplyQuote
(@ikravets)

Hi @jvillalba ,

We have improved support for assembly programming in the latest version of CHIPS Alliance dev-platform. Please open VSCode PlatformIO Core CLI and type

pio upgrade --dev
pio pkg update

Does it work now?

P.S: The difference between .s & .S files are that the .s files are bare assembly source file whereas .S are assembly files with preprocessor support.

ReplyQuote